A blender and a mini muffin tin are all you need to make these refined-sugar free, dairy-free, and naturally gluten-free mini muffins!
If you love peanut butter and jelly, hate cleaning up, like mini foods, and dislike gluten, these muffins are perfect for you! Actually, even if you like cleaning up and can eat gluten, you’ll still love these muffins. They’re naturally gluten free and contain no flour substitute. They’re positively brimming with peanut butter flavor, and the drop of jelly is a sweet surprise when you bite in!
Did I mention they batter is made in 30 seconds entirely in the blender?
Peanut butter, a banana, an egg, some maple syrup (or honey), a touch of baking soda, and some vanilla extract make up the muffin batter. Add a touch of your favorite jam or jelly and voila! It’s your favorite sandwich turned into a poppable bite using only ingredients that you probably already have on hand. The muffins are sort of like a PB&J Uncrustable, but way cooler and healthier.
The possibilities for filling the muffin are pretty much endless. You could put a banana slice in the center, a few chocolate chips, or just leave them plain. The muffins are sweetened entirely from the maple syrup and splash of vanilla extract. Of course, the brand of peanut butter you use will affect the sweetness or saltiness of the muffins, too.
I got 16 mini muffins out of my batter, but didn’t quite have enough batter to cover the tops of three of them. They still looked pretty cute, though, if you ask me:
If you can push a button on your blender, you can make these foolproof muffins. What are you waiting for?
Flourless Peanut Butter and Jelly Mini Muffins
Prep: 2 min Bake: 8 min Makes: ~16 mini muffins
1 egg, room temp
Heaping 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used Skippy. It is probably better to use a store bought brand rather than a natural brand.)
3 tablespoons maple syrup (Or honey or agave.)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Favorite jam/jelly for filling (I used Smucker’s strawberry jam.)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Place all ingredients except jelly in blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds-1 minute or until smooth.
3. Fill 12-16 tins with ~2 teaspoons of batter. Top with a small dollop of jelly. Cover with remaining batter. If not enough batter remains to cover all muffins, they’ll still bake up just fine!
4. Bake 7-9 minutes or until tops are set and spring back when touched.
5. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Run a knife around each muffin to help release it. Muffins will keep for two days but are best eaten on the same day.
Recipe adapted from Averie Cooks.
2 thoughts on “Flourless PB&J Mini Muffins”
Thanks for posting a recipe with no added sugar!!!! Can’t wait to make these 🙂