What’s better than a big, chewy peanut butter cookie? A gluten-free, big, chewy peanut butter cookie packed with Reese’s cups!
Peanut butter and chocolate. Has a more perfect combination ever been tasted? I doubt it. For past evidence of my love of the two flavors together, check here, here, and here.
This particular peanut butter + chocolate recipe could not be easier. No mixer needed, basic ingredients, no chilling or portioning out the dough. The most time-consuming part of this recipe is unwrapping
and snacking on the peanut butter cups.
I baked the cookie bars in a 14 x 9 jelly roll pan (aka a cookie tray with sides.) I lined the whole tray with tin foil so that after it cooled, I could just lift the whole thing out. I had to restrain myself from just treating it as one large cookie and biting straight into it.
The bars can be sliced into any size or shape you want. I prefer big, rectangular, and encompassing plenty of Reese’s. The cookies get chewy towards the edges and are so soft and moist on the inside. When you bite into a peanut butter cup, it’s…well…isn’t it always blissful biting into a Reese’s?
If you start now, these will be ready in 30 minutes. What are you waiting for?!
Gluten Free Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Bar
Prep: 5 min Cook: 15 min Makes: ~12 large squares
1 stick butter
¾ creamy peanut butter (Store-bought like Skippy or Jif will work best.)1 egg, room temp
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 cup all purpose gluten free flour (I used Cup4Cup.)
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups (I probably used 4 regular and 8 or 10 minis.)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a small jelly roll pan with tin foil and grease foil.
2. In a large mixing bowl, melt butter and peanut butter together and stir until fully liquid and combined. Allow to cool.
3. Add in egg, vanilla, and brown sugar and whisk well until fully combined.
4. Pour in gluten free flour and whisk until smooth.
5. Pour batter onto greased pan and smooth out with a spatula.
6. Press peanut butter cups into batter. If the mini cups are too tall, cut in half.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until center is just set. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes.
One thought on “Gluten Free Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Bar”